The home storage and organization industry is growing!
- $2 billion dollars a year spent in the industry after-market and 56% of this is spent on homes less than five years old*
- Closets are used twice a day, every day.
- Closets were listed as the second most desired feature in a dream home in a national study by Roper Research – second only to a state-of-the-art kitchen.
- The right type and amount of storage also was listed as a home buyer’s second priority in a Better Homes and Gardens survey of more than 2,000 home owners across the nation.
- Magazines devoted to organization – Real Simple, Organized, CLOSETS
- TV programs devoted to organization – Mission: Organization, Clean House
- National tradeshows dedicated to home storage and organization.
- Retail stores are doubling and tripling the amount of shelf space dedicated to home storage and organization products.
Home buyers are smart—they want to be organized and they are aware of current trends.
- Home buyers understand the benefits of being organized.
- Save time – according to the Association of Professional Organizers Society, the average American spends 140 hours per year looking for lost objects.
- Keep items neat.
- Home buyers need a place for everything and everything in its place.
- Keep everything associated with an activity in one place – work out clothes, ski apparel, Christmas decorations, hobby materials.
- Home buyers currently spend $22 billion to rent storage space according to the Self Storage Association.